When Sandy Patangay left her home country of India to come to the United States, she never dreamed that she’d one day be able to bring something so special from her native culture to eager New York City consumers. After having completed her masters and begun working on Wall Street, she turned her sights away from the corporate world and began to channel her true passion - henna design - into a project that has become incredibly successful in an incredibly small amount of time. Transmuting traditional henna designs onto a whole new medium, Sandy creates beautiful cakes, cookies, and macaroons that have earned critical praise from some of the most renowned culinary experts. Thinking back on her decision to take this step in establishing her own business, she says:
So many times, I asked myself, whether this was a stupid move — walking away from a secure job to sell cakes. But now I can see I didn’t waste a single day. While I loved what I was doing on Wall Street, there’s only so much you can do to climb the corporate ladder. And how many people actually end up being the CEO? But when you follow your passion, the possibilities are endless.
Check out her website here.
I could never eat these they’re much too pretty. :D :D
6 Fruits You Should Try
- Dragon FruitThis fruit is an excellent supplement for the liver as well as contains vital minerals that assist in weight-loss and balancing body weight without compromising health. For people suffering from diabetes, a dry or fresh dragon fruit guarantees blood glucose control.
- Star FruitThis fruit is an excellent source of ascorbic acid, which is important to the fitness of your body, as it assists in maintaining bones, teeth, mucus membranes, skin and improves the immune system. It also contains beta-carotene, which can be converted into vitamin A in your body for good vision and appetite.
- KiwanoThis fruit is very rich in vitamin c and fibre. These help the red bloods cells, skin, muscles, nerves and heart. Vitamin E works in the body by helping to neutralize the damage from free radicals which can cause cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- MangosteenThis fruit has a very high concentration of xanthones that is one of the most powerful anti-oxidents in the world. The fruit also boosts the body’s immune systems and helps increase energy levels.
- Sugar Apple
This fruit helps regulate the menstrual cycle, and contains a large amount of rosemary oil which can help fight off depression. This fruit also contains cineole which aids the body’s nervous system, helps in blood circulation, and improves concentration. This fruit as well aids in reducing the severity of asthma.
- Goji BerryGoji berries are called the world’s most nutritional powerful anti-aging food. Goji berries are the highest rated antioxidant and have more vitamin C than oranges, more beta-carotene than carrots, more protein than whole wheat and more iron than steak.
6 fruits that are definitely from outer space or an anime